Grilled Pepper Salad with Black Beans and Avocado
Break out the grill for this delicious, easy-to-make salad
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 1 lb. mini sweet peppers, coated with nonstick spray
- 1 medium red onion, sliced into 1/2-inch-thick rings, coated with nonstick spray
- 1 15-oz. can no-salt-added black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbs. fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- Black pepper to taste
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Grill sweet peppers and red onion rings on all sides until grill marks appear, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to plate and let cool. Discard pepper stems and seeds, and chop peppers and onion into small dice.
- Combine beans, avocado, cilantro, sweet peppers, and red onion in salad bowl and toss with lime juice, oil, salt, and pepper.
Related: Red Pepper Chickpea Salad
- Calories 240
- Carbohydrate Content 29 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 12 g
- Fiber Content 10 g
- Protein Content 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1.5 g
- Sodium Content 500 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g