You can make this extremely simple recipe indoors under the broiler in chilly weather—or even over hot coals outdoors.
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp. finely minced thyme
- 1 tsp. finely grated lemon zest
- 1 1/2 lb. large portobello mushrooms, stemmed
- 2 large red bell peppers, halved, stemmed and seeded
- 2 large yellow bell peppers, halved, stemmed and seeded
- 2 large red onions, peeled and sliced in thick rounds
Combine oil, balsamic vinegar, thyme and zest in bowl and whisk.
Scrape off black gills under mushroom caps and discard. Wipe caps with damp cloth. Brush mushrooms generously with balsamic mixture and grill quickly over hot coals or under broiler.
Brush peppers and onions with balsamic mixture and cook until crisp-tender.
Slice vegetables thickly on diagonal, toss gently and season with salt and pepper. Arrange on plates with greens and sprouts.
Try a rich Cabernet, Merlot or Syrah.
- Calories: 140
- Carbohydrate Content: 14 g
- Fat Content: 7 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 10 mg