Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
This chewy, juicy version of the New Orleans sandwich calls for grilled veggies instead of deep-fried seafood.
1. Combine pesto and cream cheese in small bowl.
2. Heat grill, or grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat zucchini and mushroom caps with cooking spray, and place on grill. Cook zucchini 10 minutes and mushrooms 15 minutes, or until tender, turning once or twice. Transfer to plate, and season with salt and pepper.
3. Spread 2 Tbs. pesto mixture over insides of rolls. Fill each roll with 2 zucchini halves and 1 mushroom.
- Calories 402
- Carbohydrate Content 54 g
- Cholesterol Content 5 mg
- Fat Content 14 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 15 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3.5 g
- Sodium Content 794 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g