If you’ve never grilled potatoes before, you’re in for a real treat. It is easier than you think and worth the effort.
- 3 lbs. small red potatoes, halved
- 1 cup thin green beans or haricot verts, cut into 3-inch pieces and blanched
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese (optional)
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbs. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
- 2 tsp. grated lemon peel
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1 Tbs. finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Place potatoes in steamer basket that has been set in large saucepan. Steam over boiling water until just tender, about 10 minutes. Remove steamer basket from water.
Prepare charcoal grill or preheat gas grill to medium-high heat. (Using a vegetable grilling rack will help keep potatoes from slipping through grates.) Brush potatoes with a little olive oil and grill until tender and tinged with brown, turning often, about 6 minutes.
Meanwhile, make dressing: In small bowl, whisk together vinegar, mustard, shallots and lemon peel. Slowly whisk in oil until blended. Stir in parsley.
Transfer potatoes to shallow serving bowl. Add green beans, dill and cheese if using. Pour 3⁄4 cup dressing over salad and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Calories: 227
- Carbohydrate Content: 38 g
- Fat Content: 8 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 55 mg