The nonstick surface of a countertop grill means you don’t have to put together a fancy marinade to make tasty, tender grilled radicchio.
- 3 small radicchio heads, halved lengthwise
- 1/4 cup walnut halves, plus more for garnish, optional
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 2 Tbs. plain unsweetened soymilk
- 1 Tbs. vegan sour cream
- 1/4 tsp. vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup quartered red or green seedless grapes
1. Place radicchio halves cut-side up on grill. Close, and grill 10 to 12 minutes, or until pronounced grill marks appear and radicchio is just tender.
2. Meanwhile, chop 1/4 cup walnut halves with garlic in mini food processor or blender. Add soymilk, sour cream, and Worcestershire sauce, and blend until smooth and creamy. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
3. Place 3 radicchio halves cut-side up on each plate. Sprinkle each serving with 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar. Serve with walnut sauce, and garnish with grapes and walnut halves, if using.
- Calories: 152
- Carbohydrate Content: 14 g
- Fat Content: 10 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 59 mg
- Sugar Content: 8 g