Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Reducing balsamic vinegar to a thick syrup gives this dish rich, complex flavor without added fat or calories. For a more filling meal, toss these grilled veggies with whole-wheat pasta.
1. Put vinegar in small saucepan and bring to a simmer over high heat. Reduce heat to medium, and cook 12 minutes or until vinegar becomes syrup-like and reduces to ¼ cup. Set aside.
2. Place eggplant, peppers, zucchini, and onion in large bowl, and season with salt and pepper. Let stand 30 minutes at room temperature or refrigerate overnight. Pour off any liquid.
3. Heat grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Spritz vegetables with cooking spray, and grill 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Cool slightly, and chop into 1-inch pieces. Toss with parsley, basil, pine nuts, and balsamic syrup. Serve warm or chilled.
- Calories 153
- Carbohydrate Content 27 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 5 g
- Fiber Content 7 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5 g
- Sodium Content 217 mg
- Sugar Content 18 g