The oven broiler "grills" greens to wilt them into a crisp-tender topping.
- 2 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 small clove garlic, minced (1/2 tsp.)
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 recipe Chewy Pizza Dough
- 3 Tbs. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 cup sliced romaine lettuce
- 1 head red endive, halved and sliced (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh fennel
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- Shaved Parmesan for garnish, optional
To make Vinaigrette:
1. Whisk together vinegar, honey, mustard, and garlic. Whisk in oil, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Let rest 30 minutes.
To make Pizza:
1. Prepare Chewy Pizza Dough, and sprinkle with grated Parmesan. Place pizza on middle rack in oven, and preheat oven to 350°F with pizza in oven. Once oven reaches 350°F, bake 25 minutes, or until bottom is crisp and brown. Remove from oven, and adjust setting to broil.
2. Brush crust with 3 Tbs. Vinaigrette. Toss arugula, lettuce, endive, fennel, and onion with remaining Vinaigrette. Top pizza with arugula mixture, and place under broiler 2 to 3 minutes, or until greens begin to wilt. Serve garnished with Parmesan curls.
- Serving Size: 1 12-inch pizza
- Calories: 254
- Carbohydrate Content: 36 g
- Cholesterol Content: 2 mg
- Fat Content: 12 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 344 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g