Grilled sweet potatoes require close attention—but the results are worth it. Slice them too thick, and they won't cook through; slice them too thin, and they'll char quickly. So slice carefully, and keep an eye on the grill.
- 1 tsp. grated or minced lime zest
- 3 Tbs. fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbs. white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbs. chopped cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 lb. sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced 3/8-inch thick
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 scallions, white and tender green parts, sliced
- 3 Tbs. orange, mango or pineapple juice
Prepare medium-low charcoal fire, or preheat gas grill (or broiler).
To make Cilantro-Lime Vinaigrette: Combine lime zest, juice and vinegar in large bowl. Whisk in oil until completely blended. Stir in cilantro, garlic and salt.
To make Sweet Potatoes: Add potato slices to vinaigrette, and let marinate a few minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer potato slices to grill. Turn occasionally, basting with remaining vinaigrette, and cook until tender when pierced with fork, 10 to 15 minutes.
Return grilled potatoes to vinaigrette. Add red pepper, scallions, juice, salt and pepper; toss gently. Serve immediately.
- Calories: 270
- Carbohydrate Content: 34 g
- Fat Content: 14 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 55 mg
- Sugar Content: 13 g