- 2 Tbs. toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- 4 cups cooked rice (brown rice, wild rice or japonica)
- 1/4 cup tamari
- 1/4 cup minced fresh ginger
- 2 Tbs. shallots
- 2 Tbs. sesame oil
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 lb. extra-firm tofu, drained and sliced into 1/2-inch-thick slabs
- 2 Tbs. wasabi
- 1/4 cup honey
In small bowl, combine tamari, ginger, shallots, sesame oil and rice vinegar. Place tofu cutlets on platter and coat both sides with marinade. Cover and refrigerate for several hours.
Arrange tofu cutlets on grill or in grill pan and cook on both sides until outside is lightly browned and center is warmed through, about 3 minutes per side. Carefully remove to a platter.
While tofu is cooking, combine wasabi and honey in a small mixing bowl. Add water as needed to form a thick glaze.
Arrange grilled tofu steaks on a bed of hot rice. Brush with wasabi-honey glaze and sprinkle with sesame seeds if desired. Serve hot.
- Calories: 486
- Carbohydrate Content: 69 g
- Fat Content: 15 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 25 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 837 mg