Some vegetables, such as broccoli, potatoes and cauliflower, require precooking or they will burn on the outside before becoming tender within. See the chart on page 30 for blanching and parboiling times.
- 1 medium eggplant, sliced 1 inch thick and quartered
- 8 small red-skinned potatoes, parboiled
- 1 large zucchini, blanched and sliced 1 inch thick
- 8 cloves garlic, peeled and blanched
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbs. crumbled dried oregano
- 2 Tbs. lime juice
Prepare charcoal grill or preheat gas grill for at least 10 minutes.
Marinade: In large shallow glass bowl, whisk together all marinade ingredients.
Add vegetables and toss to coat. Let stand 10 minutes. Thread vegetables on skewers, alternating for color. Grill until tender and lightly charred, turning and brushing with marinade often, about 5 minutes.
- Calories: 167
- Carbohydrate Content: 25 g
- Fat Content: 7 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 268 mg