Grill-roasted Asian-style vegetables hit the spot on a weeknight. Serve over a bed of steamed basmati or jasmine rice.
- 1/4 red kuri or kabocha squash, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 large bok choy, leaves separated
- 1 Tbs. miso paste
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1 tsp.)
- 1/2 tsp. light brown sugar
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp. rice vinegar
- 2 green onions, chopped (1/4 cup)
- 1 Tbs. toasted sesame seeds
1. To make Vegetables: Brush squash and onion slices with oil. Spray grill with cooking spray, and lay squash slices on grill. Close, and cook on medium-high 10 minutes, or until squash is tender; transfer to plate. Place onion slices on grill; cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until crisp-tender; transfer to plate. Place bok choy leaves on grill; cook 3 to 4 minutes, or until wilted and crisp-tender; transfer to plate.
2. Meanwhile, to make Miso Sauce: Combine miso paste, garlic, brown sugar, and 1/4 cup water in small saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Cook 1 minute, or until miso dissolves and begins to bloom. Remove from heat; stir in oil and vinegar. Fold in green onions and sesame seeds.
3. Serve Grilled Vegetables drizzled with Miso Sauce, or serve Miso Sauce on the side.
- Calories: 184
- Carbohydrate Content: 21 g
- Fat Content: 10 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 379 mg
- Sugar Content: 8 g