Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Grill-roasted Asian-style vegetables hit the spot on a weeknight. Serve over a bed of steamed basmati or jasmine rice.
1. To make Vegetables: Brush squash and onion slices with oil. Spray grill with cooking spray, and lay squash slices on grill. Close, and cook on medium-high 10 minutes, or until squash is tender; transfer to plate. Place onion slices on grill; cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until crisp-tender; transfer to plate. Place bok choy leaves on grill; cook 3 to 4 minutes, or until wilted and crisp-tender; transfer to plate.
2. Meanwhile, to make Miso Sauce: Combine miso paste, garlic, brown sugar, and 1/4 cup water in small saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Cook 1 minute, or until miso dissolves and begins to bloom. Remove from heat; stir in oil and vinegar. Fold in green onions and sesame seeds.
3. Serve Grilled Vegetables drizzled with Miso Sauce, or serve Miso Sauce on the side.
- Calories 184
- Carbohydrate Content 21 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 379 mg
- Sugar Content 8 g