This spicy dish with south-of-the-border seasoning tastes good hot or cold. For the prettiest presentation, do not trim the ends of the zucchini—simply rinse and dry well, then slice in half.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 Tbs. lime juice, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 ears corn, husked, silk removed
- 1 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 jalapeno chile, seeded and finely diced
- 1 tsp. grated lime zest
- 6 small zucchini (2 lb.), cut in half lengthwise
1. Heat oil with 2 Tbs. lime juice and garlic in small saucepan over medium heat until bubbles appear. Let stand 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Strain out garlic, and set aside.
2. Preheat grill or grill pan over medium heat. Brush garlic oil over corn. Grill 8 minutes, or until corn starts to char, turning often. Transfer to cutting board, and cut off kernels. Toss radishes, red onion, cilantro, jalapeño, lime zest, and remaining 2 Tbs. lime juice with corn in medium bowl. Stir in cayenne pepper, and season with salt, if desired.
3. Score cut side of zucchini halves in crisscross pattern about ı/4-inch deep at 1-inch intervals. Brush garlic oil on cut side of zucchini. Place zucchini on grill, cut-side down, and cook 12 minutes, turning occasionally. Each time cut side is exposed, baste with garlic oil. Serve zucchini hot, topped with salsa.
- Calories: 200
- Carbohydrate Content: 18 g
- Fat Content: 14 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 171 mg
- Sugar Content: 6 g