Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
This spicy dish with south-of-the-border seasoning tastes good hot or cold. For the prettiest presentation, do not trim the ends of the zucchini—simply rinse and dry well, then slice in half.
1. Heat oil with 2 Tbs. lime juice and garlic in small saucepan over medium heat until bubbles appear. Let stand 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Strain out garlic, and set aside.
2. Preheat grill or grill pan over medium heat. Brush garlic oil over corn. Grill 8 minutes, or until corn starts to char, turning often. Transfer to cutting board, and cut off kernels. Toss radishes, red onion, cilantro, jalapeño, lime zest, and remaining 2 Tbs. lime juice with corn in medium bowl. Stir in cayenne pepper, and season with salt, if desired.
3. Score cut side of zucchini halves in crisscross pattern about ı/4-inch deep at 1-inch intervals. Brush garlic oil on cut side of zucchini. Place zucchini on grill, cut-side down, and cook 12 minutes, turning occasionally. Each time cut side is exposed, baste with garlic oil. Serve zucchini hot, topped with salsa.
- Calories 200
- Carbohydrate Content 18 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 14 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 171 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g