Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
These thin, flat pancakes are a cross between crêpes and omelets.
1. To make Sauce: Whisk together all ingredients with 1 Tbs. water in bowl. Set aside.
2. To make Pancakes: Whisk together rice flour, cornstarch, and cake flour in bowl. Whisk in 1 cup water until batter is smooth. Stir in 2 Tbs. green onion.
3. Heat 2 tsp. oil in 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 3/4 cup batter, and tilt skillet to completely coat pan bottom with batter. Reduce heat to medium-low. Arrange 2 oz. tofu and 1/2 cup mushrooms atop Pancake, and drizzle with 1/4 cup beaten egg. Cover skillet, and cook 5 minutes.
4. Uncover skillet, and scatter 1/2 cup bean sprouts over egg mixture. Cook 3 minutes more, or until bottom, when gently lifted, is golden and crispy. Scatter 1/4 cup watercress, 1/4 cup mint, 1/4 cup basil, and 1 Tbs. green onions over bean sprouts. Fold Pancake in half, like an omelet, and slide onto plate. Repeat with remaining ingredients to make another Pancake. Serve Sauce on side.
- Calories 250
- Carbohydrate Content 30 g
- Cholesterol Content 93 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 10 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 304 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g