Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Crisp-tender thin green beans add a touch of elegance to a basic stir-fry. To give the dish a salty-spicy crunch, use more Szechuan Pepper Salt.
1. Cook green beans in large pot of boiling salted water 4 minutes, or until crisp-tender. Drain, and dunk in large bowl of cold water. Drain again, and pat dry with paper towels.
2. Heat oil in wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add tofu, and stir-fry 8 to 10 minutes, or until golden brown on all sides. Transfer to paper-towel-lined plate with slotted spoon to drain.
3. Add garlic and ginger to wok, and sauté 30 seconds, or until fragrant and beginning to brown. Add green beans, bean sprouts, and green onions, and stir-fry 1 minute, or until green beans begin to brown. Add tofu, soy sauce, sesame oil, and Szechuan Pepper Salt, and toss to coat.
- Calories 194
- Carbohydrate Content 13 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 13 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 11 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 457 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g