Yellow Indian Woman beans turn a pale lentil-like brown when cooked, but their ultra-creamy texture still brightens up this autumn-inspired recipe.
- 6 cups baby arugula leaves
- 1 small fennel bulb, diced (1 cup)
- 1 sweet-tart apple, such as Honeycrisp, cut into 8 wedges and thinly sliced (11/2 cups)
- 2 cups cooked Yellow Indian Woman beans
- 1 large shallot, minced (3 Tbs.)
- 3 Tbs. red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbs. Dijon mustard
- 11/2 Tbs. olive oil
- 3 Tbs. chopped smoked almonds
1 | Toss together arugula, fennel, and apple in bowl. Add beans, and toss again.
2 | Place shallot, vinegar, and 2 tsp. water in small bowl. Let rest 10 minutes. Whisk in mustard and oil; season with salt and pepper, if desired. Toss salad with 1/4 cup dressing. Serve sprinkled with smoked almonds and more dressing, if desired.
- Calories: 233
- Carbohydrate Content: 36 g
- Fat Content: 6 g
- Fiber Content: 8 g
- Protein Content: 11 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Sodium Content: 149 mg
- Sugar Content: 7 g