Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
1. Whisk together eggs and sugar in heat-proof bowl until smooth and light-colored. Whisk in flour and salt.
2. Bring milk to a boil in saucepan. Whisk 1/4 cup boiling milk into egg mixture. Whisk in 1/2 cup milk, then gradually whisk in remaining milk. Return mixture to saucepan, and cook 2 minutes over medium heat, or until thickened, whisking constantly. Reduce heat to medium-low, and cook 1 minute more. Remove from heat, and whisk in vanilla.
3. Scoop 1 cup custard into bowl, and whisk in honey. Add food coloring to achieve bright-orange color.
4. Transfer remaining custard to separate bowl, and whisk in chocolate until melted. Cover both custards with plastic wrap pressed directly onto surface to prevent skin from forming. Cool.
5. Once cooled, whisk both custards until smooth.
6. Beat whipping cream with electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Whisk 1/2 cup whipped cream into chocolate custard.
7. Spoon 2 1/2 Tbs. honey custard into 6 small glasses, pressing down to remove any air pockets. Layer 1/4 cup chocolate custard atop honey custard in each glass, and smooth with spoon. Top each serving with 3 Tbs. whipped cream and a sprinkling of nutmeg.
- Serving Size 1/6 of recipe
- Calories 304
- Carbohydrate Content 28 g
- Cholesterol Content 121 mg
- Fat Content 19 g
- Fiber Content 0.5 g
- Protein Content 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content 11 g
- Sodium Content 124 mg
- Sugar Content 21 g