Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Nut oil is used two ways here—to crisp croutons and season a vinaigrette.
1. To make Croutons: Preheat oven to 350°F. Toss bread cubes with oil in shallow baking pan. Bake 15 minutes, or until crisp.
2. To make Vinaigrette: Combine vinegar and mustard in bowl. Whisk in oil and 1 Tbs. water. Stir in chopped shallot.
3. To assemble Salad: Toss all ingredients with Vinaigrette. Top with croutons.
- Calories 228
- Carbohydrate Content 23 g
- Cholesterol Content 4 mg
- Fat Content 14 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 139 mg
- Sugar Content 10 g