This salad includes two staples of the Caribbean islesavocado and hearts of palm, whose delicate flavors complement each other well.
- 3 ripe medium avocados, peeled, pitted and cubed
- 14-oz. can hearts of palm, drained and cubed
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh basil
In large bowl, combine avocados, hearts of palm and onion; toss lightly.
Make vinaigrette: In small bowl, whisk together vinegar, orange juice and mustard until well blended. Slowly whisk in oil until well blended. Stir in basil and salt and pepper to taste.
Add enough vinaigrette to avocado mixture to lightly coat; toss gently.
Divide greens among 4 plates and serve salad over mixed greens.
- Calories: 350
- Carbohydrate Content: 13 g
- Fat Content: 22 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 256 mg