- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbs. unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 Tbs. confectioners' sugar
- 5 1/3 Tbs. (1/3 cup) stick margarine, cut into small pieces
- 1 medium egg or equivalent Egg Replacer or 2 Tbs. firm tofu
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup orange juice concentrate
- 3 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbs. grated lemon peel
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Have ready a 9-inch square baking pan.
In large bowl, mix 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, confectioners’ sugar and margarine until crumbly. Press mixture into ungreased pan. Bake 10 to 15 minutes, until lightly golden. Remove from oven.
In small bowl using electric mixer, beat egg, Egg Replacer or tofu, granulated sugar, orange juice concentrate and lemon juice until pale and well blended. Beat in remaining 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, lemon peel and baking powder.
Pour lemon mixture over crust, return to oven and bake until golden brown, 20 to 30 minutes. Set pan on wire rack to cool completely. When cool, cut into bars.
- Calories: 112
- Carbohydrate Content: 18 g
- Cholesterol Content: 13 mg
- Fat Content: 3 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 61 mg