To kick up the flavor, make the dressing ahead, and let sit overnight in the fridge to maximize the marriage of basil and garlic.
- 2/3 cup fresh basil leaves, plus more for garnish
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (1 Tbs.)
- 2 1/2 Tbs. olive oil
- 12 oz. heirloom or other peak-season tomatoes, cut into different shapes
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, halved, and sliced
- 1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 oz. ricotta salata, crumbled
1. To make Dressing: Purée basil and garlic with 1/2 tsp. olive oil in food processor. Stir in remaining olive oil.
2. To make Salad: Toss together tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, and ricotta salata in large bowl. Pour Dressing over mixture, and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Garnish with basil leaves.
- Serving Size: 1/6 cup
- Calories: 94
- Carbohydrate Content: 4 g
- Cholesterol Content: 8 mg
- Fat Content: 8 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 94 mg
- Sugar Content: 2 g