Cut bright, vibrant, multicolored heirloom carrots lengthwise into long ribbons with a vegetable peeler or spiral slicer to make a visually appealing presentation.
- 6 Tbs. olive oil
- ¼ cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- 2 Tbs. fresh thyme leaves, plus extra for garnish
- 1 Tbs. finely chopped shallot
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 ½ lbs. heirloom carrots
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 1/3 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
Whisk together oil, vinegar, orange juice, thyme, shallot, and honey in large bowl.
Hold each carrot over bowl containing vinaigrette and, using a vegetable peeler or spiral slicer, peel long, thin strips into bowl. Toss to mix.
Toast pine nuts in skillet over low heat 2 to 3 minutes, stirring and tossing frequently to prevent burning.
Add pine nuts to carrots, and toss to mix. Sprinkle with parsley, and garnish with fresh thyme leaves.
- Serving Size: serves 4
- Calories: 346
- Carbohydrate Content: 23 g
- Fat Content: 28 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 133 mg
- Sugar Content: 16 g