An overnight soak in a marinade of olive oil, garlic, lemon, and herbs turns plain olives into a taste sensation. This recipe calls for brine-cured olives, but you can use any type you prefer, even canned.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced, and zest grated (2 Tbs. juice, 1 Tbs. zest)
- 2 Tbs. herbes de Provence
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (1 Tbs.)
- 2 cups brine-cured black and green olives
Whisk together oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, herbes de Provence, and garlic in bowl. Add olives, and toss to coat. Cover, and marinate in refrigerator overnight, stirring occasionally. Store up to 1 week.
- Calories: 129
- Carbohydrate Content: 3 g
- Fat Content: 13 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 479 mg