To make these a day ahead, follow steps 1, 2 and 3, then cover and refrigerate the pastries on the baking sheet. These are rich, so allow one per person.
- 4 oz. chopped frozen spinach, thawed (about 1 cup)
- 1 5.2-oz. pkg. light garlic-and-fine-herb soft cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 9-inch prepared refrigerated pie pastries or 1 17.3-oz. pkg. frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 1 large egg
Preheat oven to 400F (unless making ahead). Squeeze out all excess moisture from spinach. Blend spinach with cheese and pecans in small bowl.
Place piecrusts or puff pastry sheets on work surface. Cut 12 circles from dough using 2 1/2-inch round cookie cutter. Beat egg with 1 Tbs. water; brush edges of pastry circles with egg wash.
Put 2 tsp. spinach mixture in center of each round, fold in half and crimp edges with fork to seal. Place on ungreased baking sheet.
Brush tops of pastries with egg wash. Bake 15 to 18 minutes, or until golden. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Calories: 233
- Carbohydrate Content: 17 g
- Cholesterol Content: 38 mg
- Fat Content: 17 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 7 g
- Sodium Content: 212 mg
- Sugar Content: 1 g