30 minutes or fewer The cucumber sandwich is the aristocrat of the tea table: cool, gracious and proper. Here, it’s given a modern and flavorful twist with herbed goat cheese. Makes 24.
- 8 thin slices whole wheat bread
- 8 oz. soft goat cheese, room temperature
- 3 Tbs. finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbs. finely chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 Tbs. finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 24 thin slices English (seedless) cucumber
- 1 bunch watercress
Using 2 1/4-inch round cookie cutter, cut 24 circles from bread slices.
Place goat cheese, parsley, tarragon, chives, lemon zest and pepper in large, resealable plastic bag. Close bag, and squeeze ingredients until well combined.
Snip one corner of bag. Squeeze dollops of goat cheese mixture onto bread circles. Press cucumber slices into cheese, and top with sprigs of watercress.
- Calories: 100
- Carbohydrate Content: 5 g
- Cholesterol Content: 15 mg
- Fat Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 150 mg
- Sugar Content: 2 g