Goat cheese and cream cheese melt seamlessly into a decadent fondue base with extra flavor from Swiss-style cheese.
- 1 cup lightly packed fresh parsley leaves
- 1 cup lightly packed fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 8 oz. crumbled goat cheese
- 8 oz. reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 2 Tbs. cornstarch
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1 1/4 cups grated Comte, Gruyere, or Emmental cheese (5 oz.)
- 3 cups soft pretzel pieces (4 oz.)
- 2 cups steamed broccoli florets
- 1 cup teardrop tomatoes
1. Finely chop parsley, basil, and garlic. Place in bowl, and set aside.
2. Bring wine to a boil in fondue pot or medium saucepan. Simmer 5 minutes, or until reduced by half. Whisk in goat cheese and cream cheese, and cook 3 minutes, or until melted.
3. Whisk cornstarch into 1/4 cup milk in bowl. Whisk in remaining milk. Add milk mixture to goat cheese mixture, and cook 3 minutes, or until thickened, whisking constantly. Whisk in Comté cheese, and cook 1 to 2 minutes, or until smooth and all cheese has melted. Stir in herb mixture, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Serve with Dippers.
- Calories: 329
- Carbohydrate Content: 8 g
- Cholesterol Content: 72 mg
- Fat Content: 24 g
- Fiber Content: 0.5 g
- Protein Content: 19 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 15 g
- Sodium Content: 368 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g