These toasts are fast and easy because they're all assembled the same way.
- 1 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 4 green onions, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 2 Tbs. chopped chives
- 2 Tbs. lemon juice
- 6 slices whole-grain bread, cut into 24 rounds
- 6 slices thin white bread, crusts trimmed, cut into 24 triangles
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Cheddar cheese
- 4 dried apricots, cut into thirds
- 12 walnut halves
- 6 red seedless grapes, halved
- 6 grape tomatoes, halved
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. To make Ricotta Spread: Purée all ingredients in blender until smooth.
2. To make Cheese Toasts: Spread bread rounds and triangles with Ricotta Spread, and place on baking sheet. Sprinkle 12 rounds with feta and 12 with blue cheese. Sprinkle 12 triangles with Swiss cheese and 12 with Cheddar cheese. Bake 3 to 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
3. Garnish feta rounds with apricot pieces and mint leaves. Garnish blue cheese rounds with walnut halves and parsley leaves. Sprinkle Swiss cheese triangles with chives, and garnish with grape halves. Top Cheddar triangles with basil leaves and grape tomato halves.
- Calories: 36
- Carbohydrate Content: 4 g
- Cholesterol Content: 4 mg
- Fat Content: 1.5 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Sodium Content: 63 mg
- Sugar Content: 1 g