This super-easy purée is a mellow spread for crackers, crunchy bread and pitas. Its also a perfect base for a second layer of fennel, endive spears, red bell pepper strips or cucumber rounds. The spread can be made up to 2 days ahead.
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 small shallot, chopped
- 1 19-oz. can white kidney (cannellini) beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 1/2 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
In food processor, combine all ingredients except salt and pepper and process until smooth. Transfer to serving bowl, season with salt and pepper and garnish with basil leaves.
- Calories: 32
- Carbohydrate Content: 6 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 174 mg