Thin-skinned delicata and butternut squash can be roasted without peeling. Serve this satisfying vegetable roast with brown rice, steamed bulgur, or polenta. Sprinkle leftovers with grated cheese, and broil until bubbly for a delicious next-day dinner.
- 2 Tbs. olive oil, plus more for greasing pan
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh basil
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (2 tsp.)
- 2 delicata or 1 large butternut squash, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick rounds (21/2 lb.)
- 1 acorn squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks (1 lb.)
- 2 medium carrots, cut on the diagonal into 1/2-inch thick slices (1 cup)
- 2 medium parsnips, cut on the diagonal into 1/2-inch thick slices (1 cup)
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1-inch-thick wedges
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly oil rimmed baking sheet or roasting pan.
2. Whisk together oil, rosemary, basil, thyme, and garlic in large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add delicata or butternut squash, acorn squash, carrots, parsnips, and onion; toss to coat. Spread in single layer on prepared baking sheet. Roast 45 minutes, or until vegetables are tender and beginning to brown, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Calories: 190
- Carbohydrate Content: 34 g
- Fat Content: 6 g
- Fiber Content: 7 g
- Protein Content: 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 408 mg
- Sugar Content: 10 g