Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Serve this savory dish with a side of sautéed greens or steamed broccoli.
1. Place tofu in bowl with 2 tsp. garlic.
2. Whisk together soy sauce, hoisin sauce, 1 tsp. sesame oil, brown sugar, pepper, and 1 Tbs. water in small bowl. Pour over tofu; toss gently to coat. Set aside to marinate.
3. Heat 2 tsp. sesame oil in medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Add
1/2 cup shallots, followed by mushrooms; sauté 3 minutes. Stir in rice and remaining 2 tsp. garlic. Add broth, and bring to a boil. Cover, and simmer 15 to 20 minutes.
4. Heat remaining 2 tsp. sesame oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add tofu and remaining 1/2 cup shallots. Stir-fry 5 minutes. Stir in 1/3 cup water.
5. Spoon rice into serving bowls. Top with tofu, and sprinkle each serving with 1/4 cup cilantro.
- Calories 427
- Carbohydrate Content 65 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 12 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 18 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 681 mg
- Sugar Content 10 g