Tip: Sweeten dishes with 1-2 tablespoons of honey per day to boost immunity.
To make Honey-Glazed Tofu:
1. Place tofu between two plates and set heavy pot on top. Drain 10 minutes, and pat dry. Cut tofu into 3/8-inch-thick slices. Combine pepper, thyme, and salt in small bowl. Coat tofu slices with pepper mixture, and set aside.
To make Pumpkin Seed Couscous:
2. Bring broth, carrots, edamame, olive oil, and salt to a boil in covered saucepan. Remove from heat, stir in couscous and cover. Let steam 5 minutes, then fluff with fork.
3. Meanwhile, heat oil and honey in large skillet over medium-high heat until bubbling. Place tofu in pan, and cook 3 minutes. Turn, and cook 3 minutes more, spooning thickening sauce over tofu.
4. To serve: Stir pumpkin seeds into couscous. Spoon onto plates, and top with Honey-Glazed Tofu.
Note: If you can’t find shelled pumpkin seeds (pepitas), you can substitute your favorite chopped nuts for them.
Related: Healing Foods — Honey
- Calories 577
- Carbohydrate Content 71 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 26 g
- Fiber Content 10 g
- Protein Content 26 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 444 mg
- Sugar Content 27 g