Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Protein- and fiber-rich black beluga lentils make this salad totally satisfying. The lentils are soaked overnight to shorten cooking time and enhance digestibility.
1. To make Salad: Drain and rinse lentils, then place in a medium stockpot with 1 cup water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 18 minutes. Add broccoli, cover pan, and steam 2 to 3 minutes, or until broccoli and lentils are al dente.
2. Meanwhile, to make Honey-Mustard Dressing: whisk together all ingredients in bowl until smooth.
3. Drain off any remaining liquid from broccoli and lentils, and transfer to large bowl. Add dressing, and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Serve garnished with onion and almonds.
- Calories 301
- Carbohydrate Content 25 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 19 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 10 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 90 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g