Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
30 minutes or fewer
Honey-coated pecans add a spicy crunch to this simple salad.
1. To make Honey Pecans: Bring honey to a simmer in large skillet over medium heat. Stir in pecans, and cook 3 to 4 minutes, or until pecans are coated in honey and most liquid has evaporated. Remove from heat; stir in chili powder and salt. Transfer pecans to plate to cool, then store in airtight container or set aside.
2. To make Honey-Mustard Vinaigrette: Whisk together vinegar, honey and mustard. Add oil; whisk to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
3. To make Salad: Toss mesclun,
green onions, cranberries and pecans with vinaigrette. Shave cheese into curls over salad with vegetable peeler. Serve immediately.
- Calories 211
- Carbohydrate Content 18 g
- Cholesterol Content 5 mg
- Fat Content 15 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 302 mg
- Sugar Content 14 g