Here’s a heart- and hand-warming sandwich for a special winter lunch. Best of all, if you want to splurge, you’ll have enough for extras or for leftovers the next day. Hot lemon tea and salad with vinaigrette add a tangy touch. How about a heart-shaped chocolate cake for dessert?
- 2 mini baguettes, about 5 oz. each
- 1 cup quartered artichoke hearts, well drained
- 4 pieces hearts of palm, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 Tbs. soy mayonnaise
- 3 Tbs. shredded low-fat mozzarella
- 2 Tbs. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. dried onion flakes
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Slice tops off baguettes about 1/4 inch down. Scoop out centers, and save for making breadcrumbs. Set baguettes aside on 2 sheets of foil, ready for wrapping.
3. Combine remaining ingredients in mixing bowl, and stir together to mix well. Spoon equal amounts of mixture into each baguette, put baguette tops on filling and wrap tightly in foil.
4. Bake about 10 minutes, or until cheese melts and baguettes are heated through. Unwrap, and serve hot.
- Calories: 370
- Carbohydrate Content: 59 g
- Cholesterol Content: 5 mg
- Fat Content: 11 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 11 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 750 mg
- Sugar Content: 1 g