Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Heres a heart- and hand-warming sandwich for a special winter lunch. Best of all, if you want to splurge, youll have enough for extras or for leftovers the next day. Hot lemon tea and salad with vinaigrette add a tangy touch. How about a heart-shaped chocolate cake for dessert?
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Slice tops off baguettes about 1/4 inch down. Scoop out centers, and save for making breadcrumbs. Set baguettes aside on 2 sheets of foil, ready for wrapping.
3. Combine remaining ingredients in mixing bowl, and stir together to mix well. Spoon equal amounts of mixture into each baguette, put baguette tops on filling and wrap tightly in foil.
4. Bake about 10 minutes, or until cheese melts and baguettes are heated through. Unwrap, and serve hot.
- Calories 370
- Carbohydrate Content 59 g
- Cholesterol Content 5 mg
- Fat Content 11 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 11 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 750 mg
- Sugar Content 1 g