30 minutes or fewer
Serve as a side dish with a hearty casserole, or spoon it over rice for an entrée. Adapted from The Breakaway Japanese Kitchen by Eric Gower.
- 1 Tbs. miso paste
- 2 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 2 Tbs. plus 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. apricot jam
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 small zucchini, quartered and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 lb. fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels
Whisk together miso paste, lemon juice, lemon zest, 2 Tbs. oil, apricot jam and pepper in small bowl.
Heat 1 tsp. olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Cook zucchini and green beans, covered, stirring occasionally, 5 to 7 minutes, or until tender.
Uncover skillet, and add corn. Cook 3 minutes, or until corn is heated through. Stir in miso mixture, and continue to cook until sauce is hot and vegetables are lightly glazed. Serve hot.
- Calories: 120
- Carbohydrate Content: 15 g
- Fat Content: 6 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 140 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g