Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today and save 20%!.
Huli means “turned” and describes a marinade that is commonly used on rotisserie-cooked chicken. This veg-friendly version features tofu.
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Whisk together tamari, tomato paste, brown sugar, lemon juice, sherry, garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes, and 1 cup water in 13- x 9-inch casserole dish. Add tofu, turning to coat with sauce, and top cutlets with onion rings. Bake 30 minutes, flipping tofu once or twice.
2. Meanwhile preheat grill or grill pan. Grill tofu cutlets 3 minutes on each side, basting occasionally with sauce.
3. Transfer cutlets to serving platter, and top with onion rings and remaining sauce. Garnish with parsley.
- Calories 184
- Carbohydrate Content 16 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 7 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 16 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0.5 g
- Sodium Content 677 mg
- Sugar Content 9 g