These savory patties go together in no time and taste great as a base for a chunky tomato sauce or the Caponata Stew. Try making mini-versions as hors d’oeuvres—just reduce the baking time to 10 to 15 minutes.
- 2 15-oz. cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed, divided
- 4 green onions, white and green parts, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup tahini (or unsweetened peanut butter)
- 2 Tbs. lemon juice
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (about 2 tsp.)
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 tsp. salt
Preheat oven to 350F. Process 2 1/4 cups chickpeas, green onions, tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, lemon zest and salt in food processor until coarsely chopped and combined. Transfer to bowl, and stir in remaining chickpeas.
Coat baking sheet with cooking spray. Shape chickpea mixture into 12 patties. Spray tops of patties with cooking spray. Bake 30 minutes.
Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Calories: 209
- Carbohydrate Content: 22 g
- Fat Content: 10.5 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 481 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g