When peeling the shallots for this vegetable medley, don’t cut off the root end, simply trim away the hairs. The root end will hold the shallot’s layers together when it is halved.
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 6 shallots, halved through root end
- 1/2 sweet potato, peeled and cubed (1 cup)
- 2 1/2 Tbs. lemon juice, divided
- 2 small zucchini, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1 tsp.)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 3 Tbs. coarsely chopped fresh mint
1. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Place shallots cut side down in skillet, and add sweet potato. Sprinkle with 1 Tbs. lemon juice and 2 Tbs. water. Cover, and cook 4 minutes. Add zucchini, garlic, and 1 Tbs. more water. Cover, and cook 6 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
2. Add corn, tomatoes, and 1 Tbs. lemon juice. Cook, uncovered, 3 minutes, or until juices thicken. Stir in mint and remaining 1/2 Tbs. lemon juice, and season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Calories: 162
- Carbohydrate Content: 23 g
- Fat Content: 8 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 32 mg
- Sugar Content: 6 g