Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Inspired by one of India’s most popular street foods, these open-faced sandwiches make an energizing snack. Use bread that’s loaded with nuts and whole grains, such as Best Winter Wheat from Oroweat. The chutney tastes even better the next day once all the flavors have melded, and will keep up to 3 days.
1. To make Mint-Cilantro Chutney: Purée all ingredients in blender until smooth.
2. To make Sandwiches: Spread ¼ cup hummus over each bread slice. Top with chutney, reserving ½ cup. Arrange cucumber and tomato slices in single layer over chutney.
3. Cut each sandwich into 4 squares. Spoon small dollop of remaining chutney on top of each sandwich square. Sprinkle onion over each, and serve.
- Calories 263
- Carbohydrate Content 30 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 12.5 g
- Fiber Content 9 g
- Protein Content 12 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1.5 g
- Sodium Content 561 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g