Instant Pot Creamy Chickpea Curry
Made from simple ingredients you probably have in your pantry, this creamy curry is super simple to make but so rich and flavorful it tastes like it took hours to make.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp. minced fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (or olive oil)
- 1 tbsp. curry powder
- ½ tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- 2 15-oz. cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can diced tomatoes with juices
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Press the sauté button on your Instant Pot. Add coconut oil to the pot and let heat up. Add onions, ginger and garlic and stir occasionally, sauté until translucent. Turn the Instant Pot off.
- Add in the curry powder, cumin, garam masala, and turmeric. Mix well. Add in the chickpeas, tomatoes, and coconut milk. Stir well. Lock the lid into place. Press the manual/pressure cook button on high pressure for 15 minutes with the pressure valve in the sealing position.
- When cooking is finished, carefully release the steam valve and unlock the lid. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve over rice.