Instant Pot Hearty Lentil Soup
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 15 oz. can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup green lentils, rinsed
- 15 oz. can diced fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- Garnish: fresh lemon juice and parsley
- Turn on the normal sauté button of the instant pot.
- When the display screen says hot, add oil, onions, carrots, celery, and garlic. Sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add cumin, smoked paprika, oregano, chickpeas, lentils and tomatoes. Pour broth over and stir to combine.
- Set instant pot to manual, high pressure and set for 15 minutes. When finished, set valve to quick release.
- Remove lid and serve garnished with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice and parsley.
- Serving Size 1/4 of recipe