Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Oil-cured Moroccan olives, such as Beldi, add a distinct, salty flavor to this dish. For a milder taste, use kalamata olives.
1. Prepare couscous according to package directions. Set aside.
2. Heat canola oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add fennel, leek, and garlic, and cook 3 to 5 minutes, or until lightly browned.
3. Stir in wine, and cook 1 minute to deglaze pan. Add peas, and let wine reduce 1 minute more, then add broth. Add couscous, tomatoes, and saffron; season with salt and pepper, if desired. Cover, and let stand 5 minutes. Stir in arugula, and remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
4. Spoon into bowls, then top with olives, olive oil, and basil.
- Calories 349
- Carbohydrate Content 49 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 13 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 204 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g