For an instant pizza-topping base, head to your favorite salad bar or Italian deli and bring home a portion of the antipasto salad mixit generally contains pepperoncini, cauliflower, olives, and red or green bell pepper.
- 2 8-inch pizza shells
- 1/2 cup Italian antipasto salad mix (giardiniera)
- 1 medium-sized yellow summer squash, cubed
- 1 cup cooked garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups grated part-skim mozzarella
- 4 Tbs. Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbs. Italian dried herb seasoning mix
Preheat oven to 500F.
Spray pizza shells with cooking spray, and sprinkle with garlic powder. Heat in oven about 1 minute, or until softened. Remove from oven, and reduce temperature to 450F.
Combine salad mix, summer squash, garbanzo beans, cheeses and Italian herb seasoning in mixing bowl, and toss to combine. Top each pizza shell with half of mixture.
Heat until cheeses melt and turn golden, about 5 minutes. Serve hot.
- Calories: 480
- Carbohydrate Content: 49 g
- Cholesterol Content: 35 mg
- Fat Content: 15 g
- Fiber Content: 8 g
- Protein Content: 27 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 9 g
- Sodium Content: 560 mg
- Sugar Content: 5 g