Add a slice of crusty bread and a tossed salad to this soup for a quick, satisfying cold-weather meal. To make the soup without the Slow-Roasted Tomatoes, simply substitute two 15-ounce cans whole tomatoes for the slow-roasted tomatoes and water used.
- 10 thawed Slow-Roasted Tomatoes (1 cup)
- 1 Tbs. olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 large onion, finely chopped (2 cups)
- 6 oz. lacinato kale, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup cooked white beans
1 | Blend tomatoes with 2 cups water in blender or food processor until smooth (you should have about 3 cups); set aside.
2 | Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, and sauté 5 to 7 minutes, or until translucent. Add tomato purée and 4 more cups water, cover, and simmer 10 minutes. Add kale and white beans; cook 10 minutes more, or until kale is tender. Serve drizzled with oil.
- Calories: 236
- Carbohydrate Content: 29 g
- Fat Content: 11 g
- Fiber Content: 7 g
- Protein Content: 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 32 mg
- Sugar Content: 8 g