Brined jackfruit stands in for beef in this simplified take on bulgogi, a Korean barbecue dish. Serve in warmed flour tortillas.
- 1 20-oz. can jackfruit in brine, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chopped kimchi, plus 1/4 cup juice, divided
- 1/4 cup teriyaki or stir-fry sauce
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbs. sesame oil, divided
1. Coarsely chop jackfruit, and place in bowl. Cover with cold water, and let stand 15 minutes. Rinse, drain, and return to bowl.
2. Whisk together kimchi juice, teriyaki sauce, green onions, 1 Tbs. sesame oil, and 1 cup water in bowl. Pour over jackfruit, cover, and refrigerate 8 hours, or overnight.
3. Heat remaining 1 Tbs. sesame oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add jackfruit and marinade, cover, and cook 10 minutes. Uncover, and cook 10 to 15 minutes more, or until most of liquid has evaporated and jackfruit begins to brown. Serve in tortillas, and garnish each taco with 1/4 cup kimchi.
- Calories: 148
- Carbohydrate Content: 17 g
- Fat Content: 8 g
- Fiber Content: 8 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Sodium Content: 740 mg
- Sugar Content: 7 g