Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
One of the best taco fillings, in our opinion? Cauliflower. And once you try these plant-based Jalapeño and Cauliflower Tacos with Pepita Salsa, you’re going to be a fan, too.
To top off these tacos, a pesto-like Pepita Salsa. This herbaceous salsa is made with cilantro and pumpkin seeds, and it brightens the roasted cauliflower and jalapeños in these satisfying vegan tacos. However, you can change up the toppings and add your favorite salsa, slaw, guacamole, or whatever you prefer. From fresh herbs to homemade sauces, you can try a variety of different flavor combos in these tacos from season to season with whatever plant-based ingredients you’ve been craving.
Jalapeño and Cauliflower Tacos with Pepita Salsa
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Place a large-rimmed baking sheet in the oven as it preheats.
- In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower with 3 tablespoons of the oil and ½ teaspoon salt; toss to coat. Set the bowl with residual oil aside.
- Spread cauliflower in a single layer on the hot baking sheet and roast until tender and golden, 25 to 30 minutes, tossing halfway through. Add the jalapeño to the bowl with the residual oil and salt; toss. Stir the cauliflower halfway through roasting and add the jalapeño slices.
- Grate ½ teaspoon zest off the lime, then halve the lime and squeeze 1½ tablespoons juice. In a small food processor, combine zest and juice, the remaining 1
tablespoon oil, the cilantro, pumpkin seeds, chile powder, paprika, agave and leftover pinch of salt. Pulse until a coarse paste forms. (Alternatively, use a mortar and pestle, or finely chop all of the dry ingredients together on a cutting board, transfer to a bowl and stir in the juice and oil.)
- Transfer the cilantro mixture to a large bowl. Add the hot cauliflower, toss and serve.
- Serving Size ¼ of recipe
- Calories 214
- Carbohydrate Content 11 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 18 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 437 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g