Artichokes stand up well to the bold flavors in this spicy sauce.
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice (from 2 to 3 oranges)
- 2 tsp. agave nectar, optional
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 2 jalapeno peppers in escabeche sauce, drained and sliced, plus 2 Tbs. reserved escabeche sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
Bring orange juice and agave nectar, if using, to a boil in saucepan. Whisk together cornstarch and 1/4 cup water in bowl. Add cornstarch mixture to orange juice, and cook 1 minute, or until slightly thickened, whisking constantly. Remove from heat, and stir in jalapeño peppers and reserved escabeche sauce. Set aside to cool.
Stir chives and oil into sauce, and season with salt and pepper.
- Calories: 82
- Carbohydrate Content: 5 g
- Fat Content: 7 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 353 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g