The yellow curry filling, mustard greens, and red pepper strips lend these spicy tacos the colors of the tropics.
- 1 Tbs. peanut oil
- 1 small sweet onion, such as Vidalia or Walla Walla, diced (1 cup)
- 1 8-oz. pkg. tempeh, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 2 Tbs. chopped cilantro
- 2 1/2 tsp. curry powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- 1 Tbs. lime juice
- 1 tsp. grated lime zest
- 4 6-inch corn or flour tortillas, warmed
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup curly mustard greens, finely chopped
- 2 Tbs. chopped peanuts, optional
Heat oil in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, and cook 3 to 5 minutes, or until onion is softened. Stir in tempeh, pineapple juice, cilantro, curry powder, and ginger. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook 5 minutes, or until pineapple juice evaporates and tempeh starts to brown, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, stir in lime juice and zest, and season with salt and pepper.
Fill tortillas with tempeh mixture. Add red bell pepper and mustard greens. Top with peanuts, if desired.
- Calories: 220
- Carbohydrate Content: 26 g
- Fat Content: 7.5 g
- Fiber Content: 7 g
- Protein Content: 14 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1.5 g
- Sodium Content: 313 mg
- Sugar Content: 6 g